Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sold!!! (with a few changes)

Most importantly, WE GOT A HOUSE!!!

Now to explain:

So we heard back from our SR yesterday.  They were not happy with our offer.  To make a long story short, we were off by a couple grand from hitting their DP figure. They wanted us to give up some options...which wasn't going to happen!  Not if we were to buy/build this house.  We decided to take off the "free" blinds that I mentioned in an earlier post(because nothing is free), add in on the front side of the offer the really nice tile for the owners suite, added the blower for the fireplace and then raised our offer just barely.  Because I'm doing a 100% financed VA loan, we are also rolling in the closing costs not covered by their 3000.00 that they offer, so that too has to come off the top from the purchase price.  So, end story is, we had to tweak a bit but we got our house for not much more than what we would have ended up with had we went the other way and we only had to give up the thing that we wasn't even counting on having (the blinds).  Completely stoked!!

Now I guess it's time to hurry up and wait for the weekend so my wife and I can meet with our SR to pick out colors.  SR said that he was submitting the paperwork today so that the flooring people and Guardian can call and set up those appointments.  We won't have too much room to play with so depending on what simple upgrades cost for things like better padding for the carpet and *maybe* an upgrade to the laminate floors in the kitchen...Guardian won't be making anything off of us.  I'm a techno geek that works in IT so I'd like to have a few of their options but we will have to pass on those type upgrades.  With Guardian our list will be simple.  Extra 110 outlet above fireplace and if the funds permit, prewire for tv mount.  That's it.

I'll update again when I hear back from them for the appointments and/or we choose our colors this weekend so that people can see what it was that we chose.

Color(s) meeting will be important but I've got to be home by 4:00 so I can watch Georgia beat Alabama in the SEC championship! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment